March 26, 2020
The Plastics Group of America considers the safety of our employees and our customers as priority one. We recognize the important role we play in providing the highest quality service and products during this critical time.
TPG provides materials to a number of critical industries which are reliant on the products produced and supplied by The Plastics Group of America. These products and services are integral to combatting the COVID-19 crises. For this reason, TPG will continue to be fully operational and we currently have no plans to shut-down our operations. We are following the guidance of the CDC, Federal and State Governments, as well as our Local Government – taking every precaution to do our part in being responsible in consideration of the well-being of our staff, customers, and community.
In response to the concern and requirements surrounding Coronavirus (COVID-19), TPG has implemented the following precautionary steps:
- Keeping our employees informed on our infectious disease policy;
- Maintaining a minimum distance of 6 feet between persons;
- Ensuring employees practice appropriate hygiene measures, including regular, thorough handwashing;
- Ensuring that employees who are sick remain home;
- Regularly cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces;
- All non-essential visits by suppliers or customers have been suspended;
- All non-essential visits to accounts, customers, vendors, and suppliers have been suspended;
- Where possible TPG personnel are encouraged to work from home;
- All non-essential meetings have been cancelled;
- LTL drivers are being allowed into our facilities “1” driver at a time and are required to maintain the proper safe distancing from TPG employees;
- Over the road truck drivers are not being allowed in either facility.
Rest assured the welfare and health of TPG’s dedicated staff is paramount and your continued efforts and support is greatly appreciated. TPG will provide prompt updates and additional information as this evolving situation changes.
Robert A. Lebeaux